recipe : no-bake energy bites
We are OBSESSED with these! They are like a dessert - only in addition to being addictively delicious they're also very healthy and super easy to make.
I just love finding easy recipes that I can throw together with the kids. They LOVE to help out in the kitchen - but I've learned (the hard way!) that simple and easy recipes are key. This quick favorite is always a win-win for everyone! Even my hubby loves them and he can often be more selective, especially with healthier options, than the kids.
With only 4 ingredients, it's so simple to whip these up in a matter of minutes and keep them on hand for little ones to snack on throughout the day. And, with ZERO baking required, they are the perfect go-to summer snack!
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/4 cup flaxseed meal and/or chia seeds
* One batch hardly lasts for a day in our home, so if you're feeding more than one or two people I definitely recommend doubling this recipe! :)
- Add the peanut butter to a large microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. The goal is to make sure the peanut butter is less solid and easy to stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the peanut butter and stir until everything is fully combined. (I always add a generous 1/4 cup medley of flaxseed meal and chia seeds for a nutrient boost. No one can tell the difference! ;) Once the dough is well-combined I like to refrigerate it for about an hour (or pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes) to let it harden a bit. This also keeps it from becoming too sticky while forming the dough into bite-sized servings.
- Using a cookie scoop, form the dough into about 24 tablespoon-sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a large platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To store, place the energy bites in a glass storage container. These will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Or, freeze them for up to 3 months.
I hope you enjoy these fun summer snacks as you live your best #LifeUnderThePalm, friends!
Got to try!!!!
Leave a comment